Everyone thinks that the way they do things is normal.
We all think that some people are odd and the things of their home are odd.
I started thinking about what is “normal” in our home and it occured to me that others might find it odd.
Here is a list of a few of the “odd” things that are “normal” to us.
- At any given moment we have about 7 bags of cheese in our fridge. What can I say we love cheese products in our home.
- We do not buy eggs in a grocery store. We buy them from a teen-aged girl named Katie at Green Gate Farms.
- We do not buy red meat in a grocery store. We buy it from Katie’s dad Bruce over at Green Gate Farms.
- Once a month I do my grocery shopping in a parking lot next to a grocery store.
- We buy our milk from a cupcake bakery.
- We do not allow Smiley to watch tv or eat sweets.
- I make our laundry detergent.
- A giant bowl of sugarless gum sits on our kitchen counter.
- I do not allow cherry products in our home. The smell alone makes me want to vomit.
- Once a year I buy about 60lbs of tomatoes and 100 ears of corn from a local farm.
- A piece of furniture in our den is called a slacker sack.
What are a few of the
odd normal things in your home?