I sort of forgot it was Thursday, but as it turns out, what I fixed for dinner tonight was thrifty.
I stole this recipe from Publix Apron’s Simple Meals and did a few minor changes.
Tuscan Chicken and Beans
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1lb chicken thighs (use what ever chicken you can find on sale), cut in half
- Olive Oil
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4tsp pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can northern beans (drained, but not rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2T sun-dried tomatoes
- 2T cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat large saute pan on medium-high with a little bit of olive oil until hot.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook until chicken is almost done.
- Stir in beans, broth and tomatoes.
- Stir cornstarch and water together in a small bowl and slowly add to pan, stirring continuously.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
It will easily feed 6 people.
I served mine with a vegetable side and cornbread.
Loved by all, except Smiley who does not eat beans or chicken.
And an added bonus was it took 35 minutes total.